Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vancouver, British Columbia


We set off for two weeks of cruising and overland travel in the middle of July (2010).  Our journey begins in Vancouver, British Columbia and takes us up through The Inland Passage, overland to The Yukon Territory, and then to Alaska.  In only two weeks, we managed to cover a significant bit of ground.  The details tend to overlap in my mind, but the pictures remain true.  The blog of our journey will, for that reason, be almost entirely made up of photographs.  If I don't specifically identify something (generally a building), that means that I either didn't bother to find out exactly what I was photographing or have forgotten.  It's the way my brain works -- just remembering the visual and my overall perceptions.  The details often vanish with time.

So I hope you'll be content to just travel with me and become, like me, all eyes.


Vancouver

Canada Center, reflected in the nearby Convention Center windows
Entrance to the Pan Pacific Hotel

Pan Pacific Hotel lobby floor, reflecting First Nations art forms


View from the hotel window
Bagpiper in the street below our window
Taxi line-up


Vancouver view
Olympic Torch
Reflection
Orca sculpture
Rickshaw in Chinatown
Sun Yat Sen Gardens
Totem pole in Stanley Park, Vancouver, BC
Close-up of totem pole in Stanley Park
The Volendam (our ship) as seen from Stanley Park
The Volendam
Volendam lifeboats
Ship's provisions
Next installment:  Aboard The Volendam

No comments: